Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Contrast, Harmony, and Balance

The Star Wars Universe is by far my favorite movie universe. I could dive into detail about a work of fiction that doesnt even exist. I'm obsessed with it. That is why I chose the VHS box art (special edition of course) from the very first film. Just looking at it is very pleasing to the eyes. The shadows around the image give the feeling of a cast open space that's untamed yet the bright shining middle part with our three heros gives a sense of (for me nostalgia) but for others a great feel for adventure. The shapes of the ships look sleek and fast. And the logo for Star Wars is right under our Heros and next to Obi Wan Kenobi. This picture is very nostalgic for me and speaks to me on a personal level. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment